Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini
1 (12-ounce) package New York Sun Dried Tomato Tortellini
Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch coarse black pepper
Chopped roasted eggplant or fresh chopped heirloom tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place pepper on a piece of foil and bake until skin is blistered on all sides, 35 minutes.
Let cool. Once cool, remove peel and seeds.
- Meanwhile, soak sun dried tomatoes in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Prepare New York Pasta Tortellini according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, combine pepper, tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Toss with pasta. Optionally, add in roasted eggplant or tomatoes.
Yield: serves 3
Use either NY Pasta Cheese or Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
Whisk in 1 tablespoon flour. Add ½ cup milk or heavy cream and whisk until mixture thickens a bit.
Stir in red pepper sauce and toss with freshly boiled pasta. The dairy version is best when served fresh.